Monday, July 20, 2015

When in Rome Headpiece

When in Rome bohemian beaded headband by Allison Cooling When in Rome bohemian beaded headband by Allison Cooling

If you know me, you know I love a good headpiece. They are some of my favorite things to make because there are no rules, and I can constantly experiment. A simple chain and charm headband can add a minimal-chic look to your outfit, where something like this can totally stand out.

I was inspired to make my When in Rome headpiece after looking through photos of Italy from a friend's trip. I had gold antique coin charms from Cousin Corporation that stood as the focal point of this piece, and matched the bright metal with more Cousin gold cable chain. Finishing off with glass crystal rhinestones from The Beadmixer added that sparkle factor that is prevalent in basically all of my designs! I chose to match red and gold to pay tribute to Italy - and I feel the combo is totally Dolce and Gabbana - right?! I could totally see myself in this, strolling down the cobblestone streets in Sicily and sipping some espresso. Put that on the to-do list.

A special thanks to my model, Karlee Dewan.


COPYRIGHT
Because I take all photos for my blog, the images within this post are all copyright Allison Beth Cooling for Quiet Lion Creations. If you'd like permission to use a photo, email me at allison@quietlioncreations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment