Tuesday, July 14, 2015

isla tiara







   
  I was inspired to make my Isla Tiara after I received some pieces from the Swarovski Innovations 2016 line; topaz is usually not a color I work with, but decided to try merging it with modern silver and corresponding gold metals. I started off by twisting silver wire from Cousin Corporation to give strength and texture to the base of the tiara. I attached swirling gold pieces to form another layer, and used thinner gauge gold to wire on small Swarovski crystal rounds. The overall shape reflects a very "elven" vibe, like something you'd see on a forest fairy! I finished with a crystal centerpiece using Swarovski's Pure Drop Pendant and a Crystal Sunshine Emerald Cut Bead.

I wore this design on my trip down to Florida, as part of the Cousin Creative Circle Retreat 2015. You can read about my trip on my other blog post here!

All photos copyright Allison Beth Cooling. Model: Karlee Dewan.

1 comment: