Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Guest Feature: Kelly Galanos from Sycamore Hill


Look what I've received in the mail! Or should I say, what my 11 year-old dog Bubba has!
Super-cool Kelly Galanos from Sycamore Hill makes the most unique hand-stamped metal spoons, silverware, and other goodies. 

Kelly's Etsy store, Sycamore Hill, specializes in selling her awesomely upcycled goods to the masses. A little more about Kelly is below (taken from her Etsy site!)

"A native of Chicagoland, I have lived among the scenic rolling hills of Bluegrass “horse country” for the past ten years. Louisville's charm has grown on me ~ and as an lifelong equestrian, it has been especially sweet for me to be surrounded by everything equine.

Our property sits atop a steep crest and is affectionately named Sycamore Hill. My studio overlooks the century-old tree, after which the property is named. I have quite an incredible view! My time away from the Hill is largely spent with my horse, Monty, at his stables just outside of historic downtown LaGrange, Kentucky."


What I received was from her Pet Tags collection. A perfectly personalized set of dog tags for my Bubba! The BOHO tag for his name piece. So much chicer (and meaningful!) than just any tag you buy at a pet store! What's great about Kelly's store is that you can completely personalize the tag; shape, font, font size, and even color of the metal. 


Then, of course, a "Call My People" tag to complete the identification set. I just love the handmade quality of these, that they are made by a caring individual, not a machine! All my readers know how I emphasize the DIY lifestyle, and Kelly definitely embodies this lifestyle!


In addition to her pet tags, she's got hand-stamped silverware (which still function as silverware!) , good-luck horseshoes, and key fobs and tags. These are super-cute gifts and can also be personalized to convey a message. Birthday parties, wedding gifts, congratulations gifts,....the list goes on and on. Truly special! 


Needless to say, Bubba loves his tags. Looking dapper!

Follow Kelly on Twitter, and like her on Facebook for updates!



All photos copyright Allison Beth Cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment