Friday, May 15, 2015

jewel globe pendants



These trinket necklaces remind me of something you'd find in Alice in Wonderland - little curiosities filled with sparkly whatnots, dangling from silvery chains and delightfully whimsical-looking. Crystal chatons, silver and gold flake, pearls, marquise gems and more complete my Jewel Globe necklaces, creating a multidimensional yet still dainty piece.



I like the "fragile" look of these globes (I mean, they are glass, so be careful!) and the fact that they can be totally customized- fill with your fav color materials and combinations of supplies.



I'll show you below exactly where to find all the materials I used in this tutorial, including those glass globe pendants of course. The majority of the beads and jewelry making supplies I used were from supply company Pandahall.
     


They are great for beginners, as no complex beading skills are required - simply fill your pendant, glue the topper on, and add to chain!



I would totally layer these necklaces with others (even mixing metal colors) for a totally luxe look. That pretty gold teddy bear (Tous look-alike) is a new favorite. Find a similar piece here: Gold Teddy Bear Tous Bracelet

Are we ready to get started?!



Step 1: Gather materials. I used imitation metallic craft flake, Pandahall Rhinestone Brass Chain (specifically their 3mm Silver Tone Rhinestone cup chain), Pandahall Glass chatons (specifically their 4mm Glass Chaton Rhinestones), Pandahall colored chatons (specifically their 4X2mm Cubic Zirconia Pointed Back Cabochons), silver chain, and Round Glass Globe Pendants (similar globes here on Amazon).  You will also need jump rings, a clasp, E6000 glue and pliers.



Step 2: Fill your glass globe with rhinestones. I used a mix of both shapes and added just enough to cover the bottom of the globe.



Step 3: With your pendant filled, gently add in some silver flake (using pliers - this flake is surprisingly "sticky" in a way, meaning it will stick to fingers! It's a little hard to work with). I added maybe 4 flakes or so. I wanted to keep the look dainty. Glue the globe stopper to the top with E6000 glue.



Step 4: To create the rhinestone trim, measure around your globe first and cut the right amount of chain - in my example, 6 rhinestones. Again, use a bead of E6000 glue around the globe top to adhere the chain. To finish the necklace, thread the globe topper through a thin chain and attach a clasp at the ends. I kept my chain long to balance out the larger pendant.



That's all there is to it! The look of luxe but in super simple steps. Create a bunch, all in different color schemes. Experiment with color palettes and mixes of crystals. That's what it's all about!



If you follow this tutorial and create a necklace of your own, post it to Instagram and tag me @quietlioncreations. I'll repost your project!

All photography copyright Allison Beth Cooling. Do not post or reuse without crediting me and linking to me!

1 comment: