Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 2: Simple Miami-cure!


I have for you a quick and easy Miami-cure! Get it, manicure from Miami?! For this I used only two colors of nail polish, plus clear coat, and nail gems.


This was inspired by palm trees; I obviously abstracted the "palm" part and used bright colors to compliment the beach! I finished it off with a stack of neon bracelets (the second from the top is my own creation, the tutorial might be coming...) and a midi ring from my tutorial here.
I'm giving you an easier way to do the tutorial by using graphics, instead of photos. It's easier to see!



Start with a blank nail. Paint two coats of a bright blue. Take a bright pink, and carefully paint three "palms" from the corner of your nail. If you have a thin nail brush or those nail polishes with the "art brush",  use these because it will make it easier. Finish off by adding a gem to where the palms meet, using the clear coat as "glue". Do not paint over the gem, or it will lose sparkle!


Stacks of neon bracelets are huge this summer, and compliment any manicure! The ones seen here are from Claire's (the infinity), Ebay (the top and bottom bracelet). You can find these anywhere these days, or look at my tutorial here for macrame bracelets, or here for cool recycled braided bracelets. Make a bunch and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment