Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sundial Necklace Trio

bohemian beaded necklaces by Allison Beth Cooling. Photo copyright Quiet Lion Creations bohemian beaded necklaces by Allison Beth Cooling. Photo copyright Quiet Lion Creations

Creamy tones of subdued nudes and yellows, contrasted by bright blue hues make for high-style pieces. My central Sundial agate slice necklace features a hand-applied metallic transfer and azure Swarovski flatback.

Pairing that with a diamond-cut chain, hand-tumbled citrine stone and rhinestone connector (in the form of my second necklace) creates a multidimensional layering effect. Because more is better, a third necklace of white agate, a druzy stick (from eb jewelry studio) and a custom mother of pearl charm dangles adds length and a soft lilac color. I love jewelry that can be mixed and match. I'd of course wear all three with a tunic top or oversized sweater and denim jeans, finishing with booties for Chicago's upcoming fall weather. And seriously, what's with all the style limitations associated with changing seasons?! So not punk rock. Pastels have their place in every season. Just ask like every major designer, who last year presented winter whites as the "it" look. Not that I run my life based on what other designers are doing - but it shows that they kicked the White after Labor Day rule.

Jewelry making materials (chain and jump rings) courtesy Cousin Corporation.

COPYRIGHT
Because I take all photos for my blog, the images within this post are all copyright Allison Beth Cooling for Quiet Lion Creations. If you'd like permission to use a photo, email me at allison@quietlioncreations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment