Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Crystal Tattoo Necklaces

 


These speak for themselves. Delicate, iridescent, invisible "tattoos" of Swarovski crystals simply dazzle and are SO unexpected. I've hand-glued each and every rhinestone in a certain pattern, creating a slinky, clingy choker that perfectly blends in with skin. Contemporary and chic, definitely great for pairing with anything black or white, to keep it stylishly simply, but oh-so sparkly.

I started by cutting strips of white mesh fabric (which is stretchy, and great at laying flat against skin), getting the pieces as wide as I'd need for my pattern. I chose a wave (great for using those blue crystals), diamond petal design (a little edgier) and then, finally, that statement "dripping crystals" arrangement. Bustin' out that E6000 glue, I hand-glued EVERY crystal on the strips, carefully following the patterns I had drawn on paper, then layered a thin sheet of plastic over so the glue didn't stick. When dry, I turned the necklace over and secured the back of the crystals with more E6000 glue so they were "trapped" on the mesh. Ribbon ends and clasps finished off the backs of the necklaces, but only after some tedious measuring to get the length just right.

Model credit: Karlee Dewan

The Swarovskis were courtesy Cousin Corporation, and you can buy your very own crystals and jewelry-making supplies on Prima Bead's website here.


COPYRIGHT
Because I take all photos for my blog, the images within this post are all copyright Allison Beth Cooling for Quiet Lion Creations. If you'd like permission to use a photo, email me at allison@quietlioncreations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment