Sunday, February 1, 2015

taurus necklace



Taurus, the zodiac sign ♉, is the second sign of the astrological year. Taurus, being an earth sign, possesses the powers and almost mystical energies of the ancient world. How fitting, that, this jade horn pendant stands as a focal element here in this necklace. I found this goody at the Gem and Bead Gallery in Sugar Land, Texas. Hidden beneath piles of shallow palettes filled with exotic treasures, this gem stood out in a sea of colors and textures. The milky white glow and satin sheen contrasted against the layers and layers of dark mossy greens and onyx blacks. It was a sure buy.

Once it made its way home, I knew I had to pair it with something that had as much "energy" as it did. I grabbed my Garnet faceted rounds and these subtle, creamy blue Angelite beads. Garnet has healing properties, while Angelite has calming properties. Fitting.

I knotted these into an amulet or mala style necklace, my favorite kind to wear. The look was kept asymmetrical, with the Garnet meeting Angelite near the center of the necklace. You all know my love of asymmetry. I think it totally gives a modern vibe. Finishing with a rim of Thai silver ball charms and three charm dangles, it developed a very "Tibetan" look. I would totally layer this piece with other charm necklaces. Because more is better.


All photos copyright Allison Beth Cooling. DO NOT POST OR REUSE without crediting me and linking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment