Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Christmas in July- Cousin 'Tis the Season Part 2



Hello dear.


This little deer is all blinged out, looking just like a Christmas ornament! For my second "Christmas in July" project I've made a holiday-themed pin using clay as my base. 


I took a ball of yellow clay (a little bigger than a quarter but thick) and rolled it in some gold glitter. I took Cousin's deer charm pack from the 'Tis the Season line and cut off the charm loops on either side. I pressed the deer in so that it formed a cabochon of sorts. I then took Cousin's rhinestone chain  and embedded it around the sides of the cabochon. Finally, I took headpins with pearls on them (cut to like .5") and stuck some at the top of the cabochon. To make the bottom dangle, I cut a 1" headpin and bent it into a horseshoe shape and embedded it in the bottom. 


I baked this for about 30 minutes in a toaster oven at 125 degrees. Times may vary based on what oven you are using and the size of the cabochon. Then, when cooled, I added dangles of Cousin pearls, Jewelry Basics crystals and one green statement pearl from their 'Tis the Season rose/pearl strand. I glued a pin backing to the back.


This technique could be used with all different kinds of pendant charms or even just cool things you find- have an interesting shell or sparkly rock or something? Embed them in the glittery clay and make them into pins. Add any color crystal dangles to match your theme. With Fourth of July coming, I could see a start pendant in red glittery clay with blue and crystal dangles!


This is what the new packaging looks like. Be sure to scout it out at your local craft stores!

All photos copyright Allison Beth Cooling. Do not use/post images without getting back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment