Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pineapple Mint Virgin Mojito


Yes, my first recipe post.
Excited?
Inspired by the summer coming, I've created a virgin "mojito"-type recipe that's light and refreshing. 
This makes one drink.


Yum.....



I used spearmint from my garden...



Step 1: Gather Materials. Needed are pineapple chunks, a lime slice, some mint leaves, seltzer water, sweetener and ice.


Step 2: Place everything but the water and ice into a glass.
I only used one chunk of pineapple, use more for stronger flavor. There are no "exact" measurements here!


Muddle together with a wooden spoon, nothing fancy needed here! Muddle everything 'till the pineapple is completely mashed with the mint and lime. Now, pour in 6 oz. of seltzer water.



Strain over a fine sieve into a measuring cup.... (I don't like to have things floating in my drinks! :) )


And pour the liquid from the measuring cup back into your original glass (you can quickly rinse out the original glass after straining to make sure it's completely clean, yes I am a little OCD!)
You will have a pale mint green drink. Now, add your sweetener; I used only a teaspoon of raw cane sugar. If you like it sweeter, just sweeten to taste. Again, no exact measurements here!
 Top with ice. And maybe a skewer of mint, pineapple, and a lime slice to top it off!


Delicious!


Add a monkey and umbrella and you're in paradise!




2 comments:

  1. Yum! Will definitely have to try this! Congrats on your first recipe post :)

    Evani
    http://www.simplyevani.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I am so happy to have found this. I'm not legal to drink yet but I love virgin mojitos and virgin sangria. I just tried a pineapple one and loved it. I will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete