Saturday, June 6, 2015

Miss Dior Perfume Potion



I'm at it again; my perfume potion necklaces (previous styles include my Chanel COCO and Dior J'adore versions) have quickly become an obsession. In this piece, I stuck with a gold color scheme to offset the silvery label. I actually mixed the Miss Dior bottle bottom with a Verace Bright Crystal top, because I liked the big, chunky feel. Filling the bottle with vintage glitter and gold flake (as opposed to using pearls like in previous potion designs) gave me an excuse to make a pearl chain for the pendant to hang from. Linking up antique chandelier crystals to this chain added contrast to the opaque pearls. Tying a lace remnant bow and finishing with Swarovski flat backs and briolette charms sealed the deal for me.

 This design won Happy Mango Beads' Trash to Treasure contest's "Is That My Old Windshield?!" category. You can view my piece here and also take a look at the other winners!



COPYRIGHT
Because I take all photos for my blog, the images within this post are all copyright Allison Beth Cooling for Quiet Lion Creations. If you'd like permission to use a photo, email me at allison@quietlioncreations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment