Sunday, October 12, 2014

Galaxies Necklaces



My Galaxies Necklace collection is finally here! I will be uploading more of them soon. This one I named Cygnus (the swan constellation) because the soft blues and coppers reminded me of the elegance of a swan. Pendant made from 100% recycled plastic; I melted down sheets of colored plastic I found at a yard sale. Layering these shards of plastic on top of each other created a mosaic pattern that was permanent after the melted plastic fused together.



I then cut out pendants from the parts of the plastic that were most interesting. On sterling silver chain from Cousin Corporation of America. These pendants are lightweight yet full of high-shine color!
   

This one I named Andromeda, after the constellation. The pinks and bright colors reminded me of the figure within Greek legend!

 

Check back for the photos of the others! Message me if you'd like a custom order!

All photos copyright Allison Beth Cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment