Sunday, June 29, 2014

Christmas in July- Cousin 'Tis the Season Part 1


It's holiday time…..


Wha-wha-what?!! It's almost July, which means it's time for a little "Christmas in July" cheer. I've got a roundup of 5 projects I've created with a sampling of the NEW Cousin Tis the Season 2014 line. This picture above IS NOT from the new 2014 collection; I'm just totally forgot to take pictures when I had the products, silly me. The new line is going to be available at Cousin.com and craft stores like Michael's and JoAnn. Get ready for all-new packaging and products that will totally have you inspired to get crafting. From bead strands, charms and bells to pendants and more, check your local craft store starting July 1st for the new lineup.

I've got project #1 on this post. During the week, I'll post the others, so check back often.
___________________________

Project #1: "All Wrapped Up" Phone Cases

-You can really use any of the Tis the Season products, but I'll just show you what I used-

-Materials:
-Blank Phone Case
-Wrapping paper
-ModPodge, nail polish, clear varnish
-Paintbrushes
-Cousin 'Tis the Season: 
(Red Case) Gold Snowflake/Tree Charm pack, Button Tree charm pack.
(Green Case) Metal 3 Charm pack
-White Ribbon
-E6000 Glue




Directions: Simply decide on a good arrangement for your case. Start by cutting the proper size piece of wrapping paper and adhering it to the case with ModPodge (I roughed the surface of the case up a bit with fine sandpaper to help it adhere better). Make sure to rub gently to make sure all the bubbles get out. For the red case, I then sealed the piece of wrapping paper by painting over with clear gloss glaze. I took apart the tree button Cousin pack and glued all the buttons with E-6000 glue. Then, I added gold glitter nail polish around the buttons. I clipped the charm top off the big gold tree and glued it down again. Finally, I glued the star bead from the button pack to the top of the tree.
For the green case, I simply added a whole background of wrapping paper, sealing and then gluing the charm and one white button from the button tree pack. I finished by making small ribbon bows and gluing them to the top of each "ornament".


The possibilities here are endless; if you'd rather not do a full-Christmas theme, pick any holiday and run with it. Also, any size phone case will work; try your iPod case too!




Copyright Allison Beth Cooling- do not post/use tutorial or pictures without linking back.










No comments:

Post a Comment