Thursday, October 17, 2013

Guest Post: The English Rose Design






This is my second guest post! 
I was contacted by Stephanie from The English Rose Design, where she sells her handmade statement jewelry to the masses. Her jewelry is all about cool, unique accessories that compliment any outfit and and add a personal touch that is truly one-of-a-kind!

Taken from Stephanie's Etsy shop:
All the handmade jewellery that is created on TER Design has a personal story behind and is intended for the strong, independent and fashion-savvy young women and men, but also those who feel young at heart. They are for everyone who has something to say and wants to express themselves through fashion and especially through the accessories.

I asked her if I could do a short interview, to help readers get to know her and her style better! Here is the interview.....

When did you start making jewelry?
I have been making jewelry for myself for as long as I can remember. I have always loved to wear unique items and for this reason I have started really young to make my own accessories and tweeking and personalizing my own clothes. I have started to actually sell them to my family and friends only since last year and as I saw my business growing and how much success my pieces of jewelry were having, I decided to create the brand and start to sell them to a wider market!

What are your favorite jewelry materials to work with?
I love working with chains that I like to weave and combine them creating completely different designs. I love using them for long necklaces and bracelets, together with charms, leather or ribbon. Another thing that I love working with is jewellery wire that I use a lot in all my rings!


Where do you find the most inspiration to make your jewelry?
I draw inspiration from other people and from my own style! I used to be a fashion stylist and for me it comes quite automatic now to see an outfit and visualize exactly the right accessories that could go with it. An idea for a new piece of jewelry would suddenly come to me when I look at an outfit that I wear (but also from other people's outfits that I see in the street) and think "it's lacking of something", and my mind would start to picture the exact item that would make the outfit look special and unique. This is why all my jewellery is designed to make a statement and a real difference in everyday's looks!

What jewelry piece of yours is your personal favorite?
My absolute favourite is the gold woven chain bracelet https://www.etsy.com/listing/157113756/gold-woven-chain-bracelet-with-black?ref=shop_home_feat ! I literally wear it every day  as it is so elegant but also eye-catching. In short, a real statement, which is what I believe jewelry should be!

What jewelry-making techniques are your favorite?
There isn't really a technique that I prefer, because what I really like is to keep experimenting with new ones and always learn new things. So, there will be a week when my favorite technique would be crochet, then one when it's beading, then again working with metal. It really depends on what my "latest obsession" is really!


Be sure to check her out on her Etsy shop, and Like her Facebook page! 
Thanks for reading!!



No comments:

Post a Comment